The transition from a Youth Checking to Adulthood with a Bridge Account!
Young adults are in a unique and eventful part of their lives. Learning how to responsibly manage your finances is one important part of it.
Let’s face it, the transition to ‘adulting’ has its share of challenges. Going from high school to college, or out into your first job is exciting. So we designed the Bridge Young Adult Checking Program to help make managing your financial life easier.
It gives you everything you need. With great features like no monthly fee, exceptional mobile-friendliness and more, it’s the right kind of checking the account for this time in your life.
The Bridge Account is specially designed for members 18-23-year-old and is perfect for college students and young adults starting their first jobs.
I am already a Green Account Member, what happens now?
If you are already a VBSFCU Green Account Teen member, you will automatically transition to a Bridge account when you turn 18.
If I am not an existing member?
Welcome! We are excited to meet you! Please visit our Who Can Join page to make sure you qualify for membership. If you already know you qualify, visit the Open an Account page to learn what you need to bring to become a member.
What happens when I turn 24?
On your 24th birthday, your account will automatically transition to our Smart Choice Checking account*.
What Are The Features and Benefits?
- No monthly service charge
- No fee at over 30,000 ATMs and 5,000 shared branch locations. Again, it’s all about convenience and stepping up your game.
- Features Fingerprint ID, Quick Balance, mobile deposit and more so you always know where you stand.
- Text & Email Alerts to help you track your balance
- Consultation visits with a Member Service Specialist to discuss over drafting options
- Complimentary meeting with a financial coach
- Credit Builder loan We can help you establish credit – safely!
- Sure Ride Auto Loan For Young people who just need a chance to prove themselves!
Interested in Learning More About Our Services?
- Mobile & PC Banking: Text Alerts, Deposit Checks, & Card Features Learn More
- Visa Debit Card & Pick-Your-Pin Learn More
- Reordering Check Information Learn More
- Overdraft programs Learn More
- Direct Deposit Learn More
- Information on the difference between your account balance and available balance Learn More
What do you do for our local community?
What if I go to College or Move Away?
You can stay connected with VBSFCU by using our convenient automated services.
Balance inquiries, transfers, and loan payments are just a few of the things that can be done online using SmartLink Home Banking, our mobile apps, or through Infoline (our Phone Access Teller, 1-877-482-7328).
Visiting CU Service Centers is another great way to stay connected with your VBSFCU accounts. There are over 1,100 CU Service Centers nationwide, look for the “swirl” and you’ll be able to do deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and balance inquiries on your VBSFCU accounts. Find the CU Service Center location near your campus by visiting here.
What happens when I turn 24?
When you turn 24, you will automatically be enrolled in our SmartChoice Checking program. We also offer a Basic Checking account. Make sure to consult with your favorite Member Sevice Representative on what’s the best option for you!
Do you offer adult financial education?
Yes, we offer information on our website, and also partner with a local program called Bank On Hampton Roads. Bank On is a free adult financial education program.
Click here to learn about Bank On Hampton Roads.
Click here to visit our financial education page.
ARE YOU FOOLPROOF?
Foolproof is our free financial education program for teens and young adults. Click here to visit our FOOLPROOF page and learn more.
ABA routing/transit number: 251483214